Welcome to the website for Kettering's Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department! We strive to enhance the quality of life for all residents and to distinguish Kettering as a community of choice.
Code of Conduct
Upon entering a City of Kettering recreation facility and/or grounds, you are a participant of the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department’s program and, therefore, required to abide by the rules of the department. Your cooperation and consideration of these rules will help ensure all participants’ enjoyment at all our programs. The following list of rules and regulations will be adhered to at all times.
1. Fighting or disorderly conduct is prohibited.
2. Any destruction or defacing of City property to include littering is prohibited.
3. Insulting, vulgar or disrespectful language is prohibited.
4. All use of tobacco products is prohibited. Youth 18 and under are prohibited from smoking anywhere on City property.
5. Chapter 612.12 of the City ordinance prohibits the use of any alcoholic beverages of any kind on City property without a permit.
6. Use, possession or selling of drugs is prohibited.
7. Gambling is prohibited.
8. Possession of guns, knives or other possible lethal weapons is prohibited.
9. Bicycles or motorcycles will be parked in designated areas.
10. Dogs, cats and other pets are prohibited inside facilities, except for those required for mobility assistance.
11. Loitering is prohibited.
12. Persons vandalizing or stealing equipment, supplies or personal items belonging to participants or personnel will be referred to the authorities.
13. Shoes and shirts must be worn in the buildings at all times except in locker room and swimming pool areas.
14. All additional rules for each area of the facility, i.e., gym, rink, pool, must be adhered to at all times.
The Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department offers a Speakers Bureau community service program to provide groups and organizations with information on leisure opportunities for all ages. This service is free of charge and can be tailored to fit your group or organization.
Employee Recognition Program
The Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts department uses a unique employee recognition program. This program is designed to recognize employees who demonstrate our Vision through their work. Employees will be nominated by co-workers, supervisors or even the general public. We award employees at our quarterly staff meetings.