Summer’s here and the time is right for Kettering fun. Take some time to explore our city’s most popular events, plus its hidden gems. Cross these items off your list for an unforgettable summer, Play Kettering style!
- Conquer a water slide. We make no secret of the fact that Adventure Reef Water Park has the highest, fastest slides in the county. Are you game? Spend a day at the water park to work up your nerve.
- Catch a fish. The bluegill and bass are biting at Delco, Indian Riffle, Lincoln and Pondview Parks. Enjoy free fishing with no need for a license all summer long. Sea chanties are optional, but they do add ambiance.
- Watch a movie under the stars. Grab a blanket, a picnic, round up your friends, and head to Delco Park on August 18 at sunset.
- Chill out. Stay cool mentally as well as physically this summer. Make time for a Tai Chi class at the Kettering Recreation Complex, then use your new skills to relax in a quiet park.
- Take a hike. Walking paths are everywhere – choose from 33 different walks and our helpful maps to plan your strolls. See how many different routes you can take while the weather’s warm.
- Buy a work of art. One of the region’s largest one-day arts festivals happens right here in Kettering. Come see what Art on the Commons at Lincoln Park is all about. Enjoy food trucks, live music, free activities and of course, one-stop shopping for fine arts and crafts.
- Camp out with the family. Enjoy a getaway in the great outdoors without leaving your hometown. The Habitat Environmental Center is taking part in the Great American Campout, June 24 – 25. You bring the sleeping bags; the fireflies and s’mores are on us.
- Snap a selfie with a sculpture. Kettering is home to public art by world-renowned artists. The pieces live in Southdale Park, Lincoln Park, Kennedy Park, the Kettering Government Center and many more places around town. Try and find them all!
- Enjoy a concert. Summer’s best music happens at Fraze Pavilion! A Kettering bucket list wouldn’t be complete without at least one outdoor concert experience. Don’t forget to add the Go Fourth! concert and fireworks on Independence Day to your list, too.