The AARP Foundation Tax-Aide program offers free tax preparation help to anyone and if you’re 50 and older, and can’t afford a tax preparation service, this program is made especially for you. The preparers are IRS-certified volunteers who understand that retirement or other life changes may mean your taxes are a little more complicated now.
Appointment Scheduling Begins: Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2023 at 8 a.m. Call 937-296-2480 or 937-296-2587.
- Appointments will be available Monday – Thursday, Feb. 1 – April 13, 2023
- All appointments are held at the Lathrem Senior Center, 2900 Glengarry Drive.
- Appointments are limited to one hour per client.
- Clients will receive a reminder phone call up to 1 week in advance of their scheduled appointment.
Types of Returns Accepted:
- No complicated returns will be completed. Important guidelines of the program:
- Volunteers will prepare basic forms including the following:
- 1040EZ, 1040A with Schedules 1, 2, 3 and EIC
- 1040 with Schedules A, B, C-EZ, D, EIC, R and SE
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- relevant paperwork for your 2022 taxes
- a copy of your 2021 return
- Returns involving partnerships, income from rental property, or businesses will not be completed.