Code of Conduct
Upon entering a City of Kettering recreation facility or grounds, you are a participant of the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department and are required to abide by the rules of the department. We are here to provide quality parks, recreation and cultural arts that make Kettering home. Your cooperation and consideration of this Code of Conduct helps ensure that all participants can enjoy our programs, facilities and parks.
1. In case of emergency, dial 911.
2. Respect the rights of other users.
3. Comply with requests from City of Kettering officials or staff members.
4. Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn inside of facilities at all times except within locker rooms and swimming areas.
5. Bicycles or motorcycles must be parked in designated areas.
6. Animals are not permitted inside facilities; service animals are welcome.
7. Comply with additional rules for programs or facilities (i.e., gymnasium, ice rink, fitness center).
8. The following actions are prohibited in within City of Kettering programs, parks, and facilities:
- Fighting, acts of aggression, threatening behavior and/or disorderly conduct.
- Insulting, vulgar and/or disrespectful language.
- Destruction, defacing, vandalism and/or theft of City property, including littering.
- Use of tobacco products, except for specifically designated outdoor areas. This includes use of electronic devices that deliver vapor for inhalation (excluding devices that have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration for sale as a medical device).
- Possession of weapons, except as allowed by the Ohio Revised Code.
- Consumption of any alcoholic beverages on City property (per Chapter 612.12 of the City ordinance) unless a special event permit is obtained from the State of Ohio.
- Use, possession and/or selling of illegal drugs.