Have a Wild! Birthday Party at the Habitat Nature Center
Give your child and his or her friends a birthday experience that is fun and educational. Birthday parties may be scheduled at the Habitat Environmental Center in Kettering. We provide a nature host, themed activities, downloadable invitations and a kid-friendly service project. Enjoy our beautiful building and woodland trails on your child’s special day. Call 296-2477 for more information.
Each two-hour experience includes:
• Your choice of one of our five nature experiences
• A nature host for one hour
• One hour on your own for cake and gifts, if you choose to bring them. Food may also be brought in but you will be responsible for removal, including trash, after
• 15 minutes to decorate and 15 minutes for cleanup
• A Habitat T-shirt for the birthday child
• Downloadable birthday invitations
Your Nature Host will:
• Lead a craft related to your chosen theme
• Lead nature games and activities
• Lead a service project to “give back to the earth”
- Appropriate for ages 3 through 12
- One two-hour experience (includes one hour of programmed activities)
- Fee: $150 for up to 15 children (parents and kids younger than two are free)
- $50 down-payment due at time of reservation
- Balance (including any add-ons) due the day of the event.
- Down-payment forfeited if reservation is canceled less than 3 weeks prior to your event date
- Third Hour: $50
- T-shirts: $10 per guest (Additional shirts must be ordered at least 2 weeks prior to party date)
- Each additional child: $10 (can be paid for the day of the party)
Birthday Party Themes
NEW! Science Shenanigans
Fun science experiments and activities will bring out the inner mad scientist in your child and guests! Experiments will be based on age of birthday child.
NEW! Under the Sea
Explore the magical blue world that captures our hearts, including sea turtles, dolphins, sea shells and more!
NEW! Fantastic Beasts
Discover the slithering, crawling, and gnawing beasts of the forest. We will learn about those animals that do exist and also maybe new ‘beasts’ that only exist in our imaginations.
Learn about our feathered friends for your birthday. These amazing flying animals are special in so many ways. We will go bird watching.
It’s a Bug’s World
Some people think insects are creepy. We LOVE insects here at the Habitat. Come and celebrate your birthday with some of our smallest friends and learn how important they are to the earth.